Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January 27. Getting over fear of ball sweat

So, this week I joined the gym.
I haven't been a member of a gym in almost 10 years. I have a fear of germs, crowded space (people breathing), and above all ball sweat. Yes, you read that right. Not sure what the phobia is called, but it terrifies me. When I go into the gym and look around at all of the heavily breathing people, my heart begins to pound....then as I look at the equipment, I just imagine ball sweat on everything.
I dug deep and went for it. 30 minutes of running and then about 45 minutes of strength training. Thats all it took. Im hooked. I felt amazing. Im so sore....a sore that running alone does not give me. Today was day 3 at they gym and Im shooting for 5 days a week.
Looking forward to weighing in this friday!

1 comment: