Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I'm back

Wow, its been a couple of years since I was on this blog.  And I am still struggling! Actually, a ton has changed.  My husband deployed this year.  And what did I say?? That I was going to lose weight and get in shape.  5 months into the deployment I was up 10 lbs.  I joined the gym before he left, and I would go, but my diet was shit and I NEVER pushed myself.  So, I did what I never thought I would do, I hired a trainer.  Now, not everyone can do this, and why I can is a long story, but I can, and so I did.  I could not have been paired with a better trainer.  She is about a foot shorter, pure muscle, and she not only works me out, but she does something I never expected, she talks to me, about all my excuses, insecurities, past failures.  She even talks to me about my husband, my ex husband and my kids.  She is encouraging and understanding, all rolled into a tiny muscle lady.  Anyway, I started exactly 3 weeks ago today, on September 9th was my first day.  I go to see her 3 days a week.  I will be quick about the last 3 weeks.  She told me how to eat, but didn't put me on a diet.  I am not perfect, but I have given up a TON.  I was eating bagels at work everyday, with cheese melted on the top.  I was drinking bad coffee.  I would have a beer at night.  These were the first things I gave up.  So first things first, stop thinking its a diet.  I have done pretty good, I have had a few failures in the last 3 weeks.  Another thing, STAY OFF THE SCALE!!!  So, I have cheated once on that.
And guess what, it made me feel like SHIT!! I am trying to change my life, and guess what there is no easy way out to do it, I know, I have tried it ALL.  So I am going to write my SUCCESS story now, so here are my stats when I started 3 weeks ago.  I don't have my measurements, I will add those when she weighs me again.
So, I am 40 years old
I am 5'10"
I weighted 173 lbs

Things I am changing, I am adding cardio at least 4 days a week.  And guess what, you don't need 60 minutes of cardio, but a very hard 20-25 minutes.
I am packing my food the night before!
And I am continuing the fight the demon of food and drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment